Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unexpectedly Beautiful.......

It's a beautiful day. Unexpectedly.
Clear, warm like fall.
Breeze blowing my too-layered-hair over my eyes.
Sitting on our front patio.

It's nice, after several cold to cool days. 
The outrageously wild thunderstorm a few days ago beat & broke some of our courtyard tree's branches.

I coached my favorite client this morning. Well, she is my only client right now, whom I'm so grateful to get to work with in spite of this silly body.
I love how doing something I love is so energizing, like I could do it all day!

Greg had to button my pants this morning. What will I do when I need to go potty and he's at Starbucks?
I called the rheumatologist to schedule an appointment next week.
And emailed the naturopath to tell her the natural protocol is greasing the skids of a fast downward slope for me.
Bummer. But I am blessed to have options, and I choose to be thankful.

I'm making refried beans to go with our fish tacos tonight. I didn't think of it in time to pop it all in the little crockpot last night, so the boiled pinto beans are soaking right now, ready to cook away later. Here's my favorite c.p. refried bean recipe. Favorite means easy too!
2 cups dried pinto beans
5 cups water
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 bay leaves
1 Tbl cumin
pinch of pepper
1 tsp each coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, garlic salt
1-2 cups salsa (Use your favorite, or I'll post my favorite easy make-your-own salsa, later)
Stir together all in small crockpot. Cook overnight and into the next day. Eat as whole beans or puree into a smooth-as-you-want texture. Yum. Freezes well.

When the unexpected develops a beauty....that is a treasure and a gift.
Daily I am seeking the beauty. Not always.
Yesterday I blew up. Totally lost it. Nearly fell off the ledge.
Today I'm at peace.
Maybe I've been living in an outrageous thunderstorm. But I can choose what weather I create. 
I will not be broken...by God's grace and joy, I will overcome. I can look to many others as my role models....like you. Thank you.