Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
These chocolate chip cookies are grain-free, egg-free, naturally sweetened and vegan-friendly!
- 2 cups almond meal, or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened (non-vegans can use butter)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (Barb likes to use Sweet Life brand of mini gluten-free chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, salt, and baking soda, then add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature.