Thursday, September 19, 2013

Oh my goodness, YUM!

These are e-a-s-y and nutritious and really good and from Megan on her a great website! Worth a try, I'd say! I made them tonight to go with the peanut butter-oatmeal yum-balls I made for our core group Bible study...but I ended out letting our friends devour the yum-balls and I saved these for ourselves!


Date Energy Balls (Vegan, Paleo)
Author: 
Prep time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 24
 
A quick and easy treat, perfect for snacking!
Ingredients
  • 2 cups walnuts, or other nut/seed of choice
  • 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly. Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
  2. Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place in the freezer to set for at least an hour before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life. (I prefer them frozen, myself!)
  3. For a gourmet-looking truffle, you could also roll them in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling!