Monday, August 19, 2013

Bocci Dog

We had a great time last Thursday with our new core group from church. I hosted at our nearby park by telling them what to bring...their own dinners (I've lost my hostessing skills). We played Bocci Ball, a surprisingly fun game trying to toss your heavy croquet-size ball closest to the little white ball which was tossed out there. Greg held the dogs on leashes, since they wanted to play too....keep away that is. 

I played bocci-dog with Addie today. I decided it was a nice warm day to give her a clipping. She didn't like it one bit, especially the embarrassing result. Too horrified to even eat. But everything in me suddenly said, that's good enough!

Some things matter if I botch them up. Some things don't and will recover on their own. The Lord tells me to pay attention to how I act, for the days are evil. And that what I say impacts others for good or bad. I'm again reminded to think on those things that are good, right, lovely, so I can speak and act with positive impact. The book, Chronic Resilience, is helping me focus on what I can control. Which is actually much more than the surface appears! Like whether I smile in the morning, whether I say "Thank You God" in spite of pain, whether I try again, whether I offer myself to others or stay to myself, whether I trust God, what I do with tears and limitations, whether I hunt for the beautiful and good...quite a lot actually. And things that really matter, forever! Things I don't want to botch up!