Thursday, October 31, 2013

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS....

I don't know why I've been singing this song in my head lately, but now that I think about it, I do have a few favorite things!

My Superman, super generous, super thoughtful husband, bringing me birthday tea and juice in bed
my beautiful-kind-enjoyable grownup kids, facetiming me because they know how much I love talking with them
my grandbaby girls (raising giddy feelings of love), two of them competing to see me on the computer

Then there are my favorite girlfriends who've walked alongside me in my deep pits, experimental dips, and encouraging lifts - and sweet sisters ...and kind in-laws.

Aside from wonderful people~~~

the sunrises behind the barn, streaming into our courtyard
the nightly sunsets behind the sisters mountains
the indescribable dark night skies, stars scattered everywhere, provoking awe 
the baby deer waiting cautiously to cross the road at dusk 
dogs turning inside out at the mention of a river walk
the gift of getting to serve and help women at our amazing church

birthday surprises....cards and gifts and calls from family and friends

daily love and encouragement from my Savior, walking alongside me and living in me

These ARE a few of my favorite things! I'm feeling so grateful again....